India is a country situated in South Asia with abundant natural beauty. It is also a country with a rich history dating back hundreds of years documenting the rise and fall of empires within its territory. It is also a place where multiple religions meet to form a spiritually diverse population. Every yearmillions of tourists from around the world come to experience Indiafor themselves and indulge in all the wonders it has to offer, including the Taj Mahal.
In 2014, theIndian government introduced an electronic travel authorization systemwhich allows citizens of 166 countries to obtain an eVisa in order to visit India. This new system has been introduced as a way for travelers to conveniently travel to and from India. With an eVisa, travelers aresaved the hassle of having to visit a local Indian embassy or consulateto obtain their visa. Instead, travelers are able toobtain a visa onlinewithin a few days of filling out and submitting an application form with their details.
What Kind of Visa Do I Need to Visit India from New Zealand?
There are several types of INDIAN VISA FOR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENSavailable for eligible travelers such as the eTourist Visa, the eBusiness Visa, the eMedical Visa and the eMedical-attendant Visa. The criteria for applying for each of these visa types respectively is different and therefore, should be thoroughly examined by the traveler before beginning the application process.
New Zealanders can apply for an Indian eTourist Visaif they plan on pursuing touristic activities while visiting India such as yoga retreats, visiting local monuments, shrines and temples, Wildlife Sanctuaries, etc. Additionally, this type of visa can also be used to visit friends or family living in the country and issuitable for short stays in the countrythat do not exceed 90 days in total.
What Documents Do New Zealanders Need to Get an Indian eVisa?
In order to obtain an Indian eTourist Visa, New Zealanders will have to ensure they have avalid email address, valid bank account information such as a debit and credit card and a valid passport.
In addition to that, New Zealand travelers will need to consider the following eligibility requirements before submitting their online Indian eVisa application:
- The Indian eTourist visa is valid for one full year, 365 days
- This visa cannot be converted into another visa type
- The eTourist visa can also not be extended beyond the validity period. Before the time is up, travelers are expected to leave India for their home countries or onward journeys to others.
- Travelers are required to have a return ticket or a ticket for onward travel while filling out the online application.
- Applicants can get a maximum of 2 eTourist visas during a given year.
- Travelers must have sufficient funds for their stay in India.
- Travelers should keep a copy of their approved eTourist visa with them at all times during their stay in India.
- All applicants must have their own individual passports for traveling to India irrespective of their age.
- Parents cannot list their children in the online eTourist Visa application.
- The eTourist visa cannot be used to visit protected/restricted sites or cantonment areas.
- The applicant’s passport should have a validity of 6 months from the date of arrival in India.
- The applicant’s passport must also have two blank pages for Immigration and Border Control officials to place entry and exit stamps.
- Applicants who have a diplomatic passport or International Travel Documents are not eligible to apply for an Indian eTourist visa.
New Zealanders traveling to Indiaon an eTourist visamust arrive from any of the 28 designated airports and 5 seaports. However, departure from India can be planned through any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts. Travelers must note that if they plan to arrive in India by land or by sea, they will have to obtain a visa from a local Indian embassy or consulate before their arrival.
How Can New Zealanders Apply for an Indian eVisa
For New Zealanders to apply for an INDIAN VISA FOR SWISS CITIZENS, they must fill out the online application form. Applicants will be asked toprovide personal informationsuch as Name, Date and Place of Birth, First and Last Name, Citizenship, Country of Birth etc. Applicants will also need to provide additional details such as religion, visible identification marks and marital status etc.
Care must be taken while filling out the online Indian eVisa application in order to avoid any mistakes from being made. The information on the form must match the information shown on the applicant’s passport.
Applicants of the Indian eTourist visa will also need to pay a processing fee for the eVisa application using a valid debit and credit. Once the payment has been made, the applicant will be able to review the application before submitting it.