As spring gives way to summer, we’re always on the lookout for apparel that looks good, lasts a long time, and keeps us cool. When it comes to the best materials, Pima cotton is hard to beat. Check out our suggestions for adding Pima cotton into your summer wardrobe. It’s soft, breathable, and long-lasting.
What is Pima Cotton?
Cotton is derived from two separate plant species. Upland cotton is the most common kind, accounting for about 90% of all cotton produced worldwide. The remaining 10% is made up of two higher-quality cotton fibers: Egyptian cotton and Pima cotton, both of which have “extra-long staples.” Individual cotton fibers are longer and silkier, resulting in a premium fabric that is both luxuriously soft and tremendously robust. While Egyptian cotton is a premium fabric from the Nile River Valley when it’s authentic, Pima cotton has a very American story.
Pima Cotton Shirts: What Makes Them So Special?
Comfort, style, and durability are likely to come to mind when you consider what you like about your favorite shirt. Cotton is the clear winner when it comes to the perfect Pima cotton t-shirt. Cotton is the original, all-natural performance material because it is breathable, absorbent, and adaptable, and it helps you keep cool when the temperature rises. Because of its long, silky threads, Pima cotton is the best quality cotton available. This means that Pima cotton t-shirts, dress shirts, and polo shirts will not only be more comfortable, but they will also be softer, stronger, and more colorfast. Because who has time for hand-washing when there’s summer fun to be had? Pima cotton resists fading and pilling and is easy to maintain.
BENEFITS OF PIMA COTTON T-SHIRTS
1. It’s made of a luxuriously soft fabric
Summers demand comfort, and since your clothes are your second skin, nothing beats wearing something that allows your skin to breathe. It’s time to invest in garments made of Pima cotton to keep your skin from gasping for oxygen. Because of its very long filaments, this type of cotton feels extremely soft against your skin.
2. It does not make any compromises in terms of durability
Do you despise having to part with your favorite outfits? Don’t be concerned! Pima cotton is not only gentler on the skin, but it also has a stronger composition than other regularly used cotton. The fabric’s strength is due to its extra-long fibers, which make this cotton (and its goods!) more durable, preventing simple breakage and wear.
3. Better color absorption
We are very aware that no one enjoys investing money in garments that lose their color after the first wash, particularly those who prefer solid colors. The best quality t-shirts for men get an extra brownie point in this category for their ability to absorb colors while also preventing them from fading.
4. Ease of Maintenance
Despite the fact that both of these textiles are better and more durable than regular cotton, they are still made of cotton and will shrink. However, because they are more expensive, you will want to take extra care of them. They are rather simple to care for, and knowing how to do so can help them survive a long time.
The good news is that each type of cotton does not require its own set of care guidelines. Cotton should be treated in the same way regardless of its type. However, before washing any sort of clothes, check the care label to see which cleaning methods are suggested and which should be avoided.
Clothing with decorations should not always be laundered in the washing machine since the vibration can harm the garment. Hand-washing or having the item dry-cleaned is likely to be recommended in this scenario.
Because the individual fibers of Pima cotton are longer than those of ordinary cotton, the fabrics are of exceptionally high quality, soft, and durable. Keep in mind that these two types of cotton are only farmed in a few areas throughout the world, making them more scarce and costly.